Deadline for the submission of abstracts with a maximum of 800 words, excluding references, tables and figures, will be 8th December 2021.
Abstracts should be anonymous.
Languages: You can submit your proposals in any European language. For the oral presentations at the conference, the same applies. However, please consider that no interpreting service is provided.
Submission link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=euralex2022
Call for Papers
Papers, posters, presentations of new projects and software demonstrations are invited on the topic “Lexicography and Society” as well as all lexicographically relevant topics including, but not limited to, the following fields:
- The Dictionary-Making Process
- Research on Dictionary Use
- Lexicography and Language Technologies
- Lexicography and Corpus Linguistics
- Bi- and Multilingual Lexicography
- Lexicography for Specialised Languages, Terminology and Terminography
- Lexicography of Lesser-Used and Under-Researched Languages
- Phraseology and Collocation
- Lexicography and Etymology
- Lexicological Issues of Lexicographical Relevance
- Reports on Lexicographical and Lexicological Projects
The main topics are not meant to exclude any other lexicographic topic. Papers, posters, new projects and demonstrations that are relevant to the congress, but do not fit into any of the above-mentioned categories 1-11, will be reviewed nonetheless and considered for presentation.
Types of contributions
When submitting your proposal, you can choose between the following types of contribution:
- Papers (regular 20 min. presentations)
- Software demonstrations (10 min. demonstrations in a specific time slot on the hybrid conference day)
- Posters (to be presented in a dedicated poster session)
Each proposal will be reviewed anonymously by a minimum of two members of the Scientific Committee.
The Conference Proceedings will be published online and freely accessible ahead of the conference. It will also be submitted for indexing in Scopus.
Call for Workshops
The conference offers an opportunity to discuss topics in detail at Pre-Conference Workshops. These can be as follows:
- Full-Day Workshop = Monday 11th July between 10am-3pm
- Half-Day Workshop = Tuesday 12th July between 9am-12am
Depending on the number of participants, venues can be booked for the IDS (for free) or alternatively, for the conference venue (extra booking fee). For this purpose, the IDS offers a lecture hall for up to 80 participants and a smaller meeting room with a seating capacity of max. 15 attendees. Lecture or seminar rooms at the university are available in different sizes and can be rented per hour or day (prizes depending on size). If you wish to organise or take part in a workshop you are required to register as a conference attendee and are asked to pay the applicable registration fee. Workshop organiser may ask for an additional workshop fee.
Proposals are welcome and must include:
- title + workshop chair,
- length and format of workshop,
- estimate of audience size,
- short description of agenda,
- information about structure and time schedule,
- preferred time slot,
- any technical needs.
Workshop proposals must be submitted to email@example.com by the 20th November 2021. Each submitted proposal is reviewed closely by the conference Organising Committee until the middle of December 2021.
|Deadline for submission of abstracts|
|4.2.2022||Notification of acceptance or rejection of abstracts|
|18.2.2022||Deadline for confirmation of authors of their willingness to make their presentation at the Congress and indication on whether or not they intend to submit a full paper for the Congress Proceedings|
|25.3.2022||Submission of extended abstract or full paper|
|6.5.2022||Notification of acceptance or rejection of full papers and extended abstracts|
|27.5.2022||Submission of camera-ready copy of full papers and extended abstracts|
|14.6.2022||The Congress Book of Abstracts is available online.|
|12.7.2022||The Congress Proceedings are available online.|
|XX. EURALEX International Conference|
Registration and fees